Wednesday, October 26, 2005

Babbling Thoughts

Has it ever occurred to you that during a specific time of night, when we can't sleep that the mind goes off like an alarm ? This going to be one of my nights where an hour does the trick. I spent the early part of the evening going over my article that I am presenting at the Canadian conference, I am both excited and terrified! Anyways, my paper started me thinking about my thesis paper, playing with ideas and topics.
Papers on the Aboriginal world view, seeking understanding could be one title. I have other titles in my head, now being put on appear. How can we truly understand what it means to be Canadian if we are so wrapped into the illusion of dreams?

On further expanding this idea, I think I want to do a comparison analysis of western perceptions and Native perceptions that would include world view Canadian Aboriginal culture past and present. This could document transitional events and explain the significance.

I am also interested in discussing Native systems and their dynamics and reasoning behind the various social structure. What makes man and women's roles? The list is endless so I am going to really have to figure this out.

I told my prof what I wanted to do and it is going to be interesting.

Topics that I want to examine include: What do Native women want? We talk about Aboriginal women being the most oppressed culture in Canada, so focusing on the Native facelessness may give way to more dialogue between natie and non-Natives. What would I name this?
Speaking with Wisdom?
Could I or should I just focus on secondary sources, such as books and film? I think we need to explore a culture traditions and illustrate how the culture has survived or changed from the tradition. Can we modernize the tradition? Are First Nations people re-evaluating their traditions and putting a modern spin onto their culture, thus bringing a deeper understanding of thier own history? I will keep thinking about this stuff.

No comments: